1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noise from the back of Sony KDEP37-XS1

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by blackdh, Apr 2, 2005.

1. blackdh

blackdh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:

have had the Sony KDEP37 since January and generally very happy. However, right from the start I have noticed the buzzing noise from the back of the unit. When viewing with normal to low volume it can be annoying (especially now I am paranoid about it!).

With my inexperience with plasma screens, my question is simple...is this noise normal and to be expected?? Is it something I am going to have to get used to.

Have had a scan of the forums, and not seen any other thread about this to do with the KDEP37...anyone else had similar experience?

Thanks for your help.

Dom

2. stu954

stu954

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think there is a fan in the sony and it does generate a certain amount of noise.If i have the volume on mine set to 20-25 for normal viewing i don't notice it but any less than that and you can hear it.

3. Ross-P

Ross-P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    There is another thread on this already but if you haven't seen it....My LGX11 emits a slight buzz which is audible on very low volumes, I think most plasmas do this.

4. blackdh

blackdh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info. Have found and read a few threads on this kind of thing now.

Actually this is the second TV after I called Sony when the fan started whirring one night (fine the next day). Almost immediately they said they would replace with no questions asked but this new one although not whirring, is actually louder general buzz. Would prefer my old one back.

I can certainly hear it at volumes up to 30 or so, and of course in quiet patches during films etc. Also when going through the AV inputs the tone noticably changes.

Not sure what to do next. perhaps just get used to it.Very frustrating and annoying after spending so much cash.