Noel Fielding’s Luxury Comedy (E4)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Coming to E4 in 2012, Luxury Comedy from Noel Fielding, co-creator of The Mighty Boosh, is a psychedelic character based comedy show half filmed and half animated, with music provided by Kasabian's Sergio Pizzorno.

Along with animator/director Nigel Coan (The Mighty Boosh, Bunny and the Bull), Fielding has created a joyful, charming explosion of a TV show that is in the tradition of Spike Milligan and Kenny Everett but completely modern at the same time.

The show is like biting into an aurora borealis sandwich...like Salvador Dali and Mick Jagger recreating The Jungle Book using toast... Warm and strange and packed with jokes, Luxury Comedy will change the way you feel about television and your own hands forever.

'Television needs a madman - I just want to blow people's minds.'

Caught this the other night,

what did everyone else think?

It felt like the new series of Mighty Boosh to me (minus Julian Barratt obviously), and was pleasantly surpised!

I always wondered who out of Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt broght the more leftfield characters to the mix, but this series obviously shows! Im guessing Julian Barratt brought the storyline and structure to Boosh - as Luxury comedy seemed to be missing any sort of structure.

Liked some of the characters and costumes, having felt a bit let down with the last series of Boosh, this was a pleasent experience.

I was worried that i had grown up a bit to much to enjoy the ecentricity of Boosh humour, but obviously not! :D

looking forward to the next episode.

I watched it on 4oD and enjoyed it, liked all the sketches, pele and the ball, the cop, and the lion were interesting.

I watched it on 4oD and enjoyed it, liked all the sketches, pele and the ball, the cop, and the lion were interesting.

Agree re the Lion , one of my favorite characters from the episode, did make me want to watch Boosh again when they ran the Zoo - Series 1?

The animation and art direction was good to

Has anyone watched this and got any views on whether its worth watching or not? I was a big fan of the Boosh, but im a little bit skeptical that this may be trying a little bit too hard. Also ive recently moved to Germany so does anybody know a way to watch this whilst over here? 4od doesnt work :(

Has anyone watched this and got any views on whether its worth watching or not? I was a big fan of the Boosh, but im a little bit skeptical that this may be trying a little bit too hard. Also ive recently moved to Germany so does anybody know a way to watch this whilst over here? 4od doesnt work :(

i watched it on 4oD myself (UK), see this thread for views on the show, its not everyone's cup of tea - http://www.avforums.com/forums/television/1571488-luxury-comedy-e4.html

Merged. I got as far as the Cereal 'gag' about a minute in and off it went.

Did Fielding and Barratt fall out or did they just run out of ideas for Boosh?

The first episode was okay... but only okay - maybe it just needs a bit of time to settle down and maybe define some characters, situations, etc.? I think Boosh took some time to find a direction and possibly this is where Barratt really helped out.

I just found the first episode to be just "whacky for the sake of being whacky" rather than actually being funny or interesting or whatever which is a bit of a disappointment. Fingers crossed it will improve.

I was a massive fan of the boosh, but i was skeptical when i saw the adverts for this, looks like Noel might be trying just a little too hard, I always preferred Julian if im honest ;) but saying this.....I havent actually watched it yet as ive moved to Germany and i cant watch it 4oD, does anybody have any idea on how i could watch it?

oops just realised that my original post was in here already, sorry for repeating myself haha

I havent actually watched it yet as ive moved to Germany and i cant watch it 4oD, does anybody have any idea on how i could watch it?

Possibly via a UK based proxy?

I can't decide whether it's funny or the equivilent of running around a broom whilst eating too many sherbert based sweets.

If you catch my drift

Utter dross, caught it by accident after falling asleep on sofa.

How does this compare with This Is Jinsy? I liked the first few Jinsy episodes, but then it got a bit much. I can see Luxury Comedy being much worse than that. Mighty Boosh had something about it and even the weirdest episodes had some kind of theme / tale to follow. I just don't fancy Luxury Comedy at all.

Fmrl said:
Did Fielding and Barratt fall out or did they just run out of ideas for Boosh?

They havent fallen out just doing seperate projects

Doubt there will be any more boosh series since there working on getting a mighty boosh film off the ground

Im really liking it this its deffo a ****ing weird show lol

I have to say I love this series so far. Totally surreal and strange and matches my humour perfectly " am I nothing ? " In a world full of the same old stuff its nice to see something different ! Its like comedy only more luxury ! :thumbsup:

Channel 4 have announced that Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy has been recommissioned for a second series in 2013

Fielding commented: "Delighted to get a second series of Luxury Comedy - we'll definitely make the second one more like a Wednesday morning. Channel Four have been so supportive and given us creative freedom to experiment with ideas and techniques. And I think we can push things further and make something even more out there next time."

Nerys Evans, Commissioning Editor Channel 4 Comedy, added: "Noel is such a rare and brilliant talent we can't wait to work with him on another series of Luxury Comedy, this show feels so modern and pioneering. If series one brought us a talking knife wound and a man with ice-cream for eyes, we can't wait to see where else Noel's comedy mind will take us next."

I enjoyed the first 2 series of the mighty boosh, the 3rd was meh. This however is cringeworthingly bad.

I liked the first episode of series 2, something must be wrong with me - BASOO! :D Paul Panfer, Magnum P.I

I don't think I'll be watching series 2, I managed 10 minutes of the first episode of series one and switched it off. Boosh was brilliant, this is self-indulgent drivel, Im amazed it got a second series.

I'm staggered it's back for another

He's nothing without Julian Barrett

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom