"NoDo" Update available today, March 22nd

Any news on when T-mobile UK customers will be getting this?

When is the Three (Samsung) update coming?
It's just getting stupid now... :rolleyes:

Do new phones tend to have it installed? I've ordered one which is coming tomorrow on Virgin Mobile.

Three is owned by the Hutchison Group (Hutchison Whampoa).

Yeah that's it.

Complete joke. I don't even want this update. It sucks balls. I'm just wishing it away so they can release an update with something useful in it.

I can't view any websites due to the lack of Flash, can only support one proper live id etc etc etc. It's not even very good as a phone. really disappointing.

I use NHL.com, bbc.co.uk and a few others 90% of the time. nearly all the content on those sites are flash.

Smart phone is a complete joke. It's not smart at all. :rolleyes:

And before anyone gets on their high horse, I'm not a tweenager kid who wants custom ringtones and all that crud; I want a phone that is what it should be. A multimedia device that lets me watch/listen to the things I want.

Jeez I can't even adjust the volume on it so the 'Text alert' doesn't scare the sh*t out of me whilst listening to music. lame.........

Yeah that's it.

Complete joke. I don't even want this update. It sucks balls. I'm just wishing it away so they can release an update with something useful in it.

I can't view any websites due to the lack of Flash, can only support one proper live id etc etc etc. It's not even very good as a phone. really disappointing.

I use NHL.com, bbc.co.uk and a few others 90% of the time. nearly all the content on those sites are flash.

Smart phone is a complete joke. It's not smart at all. :rolleyes:

And before anyone gets on their high horse, I'm not a tweenager kid who wants custom ringtones and all that crud; I want a phone that is what it should be. A multimedia device that lets me watch/listen to the things I want.

Jeez I can't even adjust the volume on it so the 'Text alert' doesn't scare the sh*t out of me whilst listening to music. lame.........

Really, what phone have you got? You can on my Omnia 7.

Really, what phone have you got? You can on my Omnia 7.

Put it this way, I followed the MS link to the phone page (From the phone), needless to say the page didn't show up as it required Silverlight. Quite pathetic really.

I know you can put it to vibrate, but that doesn't help if its not in your pocket.

Last edited:
Put it this way, I followed the MS link to the phone page (From the phone), needless to say the page didn't show up as it required Silverlight. Quite pathetic really.

I know you can put it to vibrate, but that doesn't help if its not in your pocket.

It's really not difficult, you can turn the text alert down by adjusting the volume.

Deutsche Telecom (T-Mobile) now listed as scheduling! :thumbsup: According to Winrumours it should be delivered in the next 10 days.

Well I reset my Omnia 7 (orange) for an issue I had. Phone now is 7008 pre nodo. tried for about an hour to update then found this. Seems its halted on Samsungs due to firmware issues. Hope it saves someone else sometime unplugging/plugging network cables!

unable to re-install march update - Microsoft Answers

Still no notification. Has anyone with an Omnia 7 on T-mobile uk had the update? I noticed MS saying they had stopped the rollout for the omnia 7 due to some issue they are trying to fix?

Seems like i just picked the slowest update route possible with my combination of the Omnia 7 + T Mob!

Still no notification. Has anyone with an Omnia 7 on T-mobile uk had the update? I noticed MS saying they had stopped the rollout for the omnia 7 due to some issue they are trying to fix?

Seems like i just picked the slowest update route possible with my combination of the Omnia 7 + T Mob!

I've got an unbranded Omnia 7 and there's still no sign of it for me either :(

I'm in the same boat (same phone & carrier) and haven't had any sign of the update either, in fact I've not had the pre-update they did a while ago either.

I keep hassling the TMobile support on Twitter, they answer, but all they say is 'soon'. It's annoying me now :mad:

This is because of the problems with the samsung (again!) specific firmware issues.

I did have it until I reset my phone and restored. (omnia7, orangeuk)

"We’re currently working on two issues that could temporarily prevent some of you from receiving updates.

As some of you know, we recently halted delivery of updates to Samsung Omnia 7s after learning of a technical issue that required a new update software package. The new package is nearly ready, and we’re eager to resume updates to this model. Once I have a start date, I’ll let you know.

We’ve also been looking into reports from a small number of Samsung Focus owners on AT&T who haven’t received an update notification. Here’s what we know so far:

To accommodate high demand for the Focus last year, two separate sources of flash memory components were required during manufacturing. Focus models are identical in all other ways.

Most Focus owners are receiving our updates. But some customers with handsets containing the alternative memory component aren’t. We’re now working closely with Samsung and AT&T to test and deliver an update for this group. As soon as I have more specifics, I’ll let you know."

Latest update news

Just chased TMobile again and got the following reply:

TMobileUKhelp (T-Mobile UK Support)
Hi Steve, I'm afraid that we don't have any new information regarding this. We will Tweet when we have a definite date. Thanks

Pretty useless.

Last edited:
I've updated mine following that article. Still no updates available but I guess it means my phone is now ready to accept them.

I've updated mine following that article. Still no updates available but I guess it means my phone is now ready to accept them.

I also updated mine (unbranded) about 3 hours ago. Plugged it into Zune 5 minutes ago and it offered to update my phone to the latest build (7392). Not sure if Samsung's fix helped - maybe Microsoft are now pushing the update out anyway.

Zune is now in the process of updating my phone... :)

Last edited:
Plugged my phone into my laptop this morning and my phone updated straight to the latest update. Can't recall the exact version number but it has 32 in it :rolleyes:

Just plugged mine into my mac and received the update :D (unbranded)

Last edited:
Just plugged mine into my mac and received the update :D (unbranded)

I am thinking I should de-brand mine. I don't want to be waiting come mango. Did you guys use flash with the stock samsung firmware?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom