Nochex

D

DaveP

Not sure where to post this so apols if it's wrong, there are a lot of Nochex transactions carried out on the DVD forums (I think!). Feel free to move it if needed!

has anyone else received an e-mail from there telling them they cannot have more than £90 in their account? I have, it makes things a bit limiting. It's noot so bad on the DVD sale/wants forum but it will possibly restrict the sales on the hardware forum.

Whats your view?

DaveP

I'm not a big user, but according to the email they have to enforce the £90 limit to comply with European Law or something.........and they dont sound happy about it!

What is Nochex?

Basically you have a pot of money on the internet. When you buy something you e-mail the money to the sellers e-mail address. It goes into their pot and out of yours. It costs nothing to do this but it does cost money to transfer the money to and from your bank account!

It saves hunting for your cheque book, finding you've just used the last envelope the other day and you've run out of stamps anyway!

I quite like it but it was a worry what would happen to my pot of money if Nochex went belly up!

DaveP

Well ive been working for the past 2 months and have
spent most of my time on ebay and decorating the house.
At last im getting time for home cinema and my new dream of
buying a car!

Im trying hard not to be tempted tiny things such as electric
items and dvd special editions..... woops too late!!
Ive seen Band Of Brothers on DVD on play.com :(
Now i'll never get that BMW \ Mercedes

I hope all is well...

Cya,
Shaz

"Congratulations to THX 1138 on becoming the SECOND gold trader on these forums!! Let's remember who was the first"

LOL ;)

Glad to see you got the job side of things sorted - sounds as though you got them sorted good and proper....

...however... see this warning concerning PayPal... the same reservations expressed there may well be valid for NoChex --- or not, as the case may be...

. . . :eek: . . .

I'd feel happier using fastpay, with Nat West behind it, but it seems a bit like the guy who bought the first 'phone! You've goy nobody else to communicate with!

Maybe all us DVD traders/sellers should set up an account?

DaveP

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom