Nobody Praying For Me - Interactive Crime Scene

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sniper Ash6, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Sniper Ash6

Sniper Ash6
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,701
    A band I follow just released this as the video for one of the songs off of their latest album and it's quite interesting.

(Warning that the song which plays in the background of some of the linked videos contains some swear words)
    http://nobodyprayingforme.com/

From the lead singer:

2. Kailash

Kailash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +504
    the songs not really my thing
    the concept... just wondering why a band is getting involved in this? it might take away from their music

on the wider issue, America is just too damn trigger happy. if I was a cop in the states I'd pull the trigger and ask questions later probably, because anyone could potentially have a gun. folk are shot all the time, everyones on edge. it's very unfortunate state of affairs

3. Rorifett

Rorifett
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,249
    Song's not my cup of tea, don't really see the point of them raising this as a band either to be honest.

I'm not sure what pre-conceived notions the singer things we're jumping to, other than police brutality and an overuse of firearms to the nth degree is still happening against young, black americans. Not sure that this video has persuaded me otherwise; was there really any need for the second shot against the kid, whether he'd been carrying a gun or otherwise? It's just cop dick-swinging in action.

I get what the band are trying to say by saying 'Our goal in creating this video is for people to educate themselves and make an informed decision on their own' but they've then created videos based on their research (or maybe not) which goes against the second part of their sentence 'rather than being told by any media outlet saying, this is what you should be thinking, this is what is right'

How do we know (without showing all the research) that the kids hadn't been terrorising neighbourhoods or that the police hadn't been cruising and beating up folk all along their nightwatch etc we don't, we're fed partial information without sources, hard to know what narrative the band is hoping to achieve, the fact they've lumped it in with one of their songs makes me question whether they actually care or whether it's just another way to exploit a market and get a bit of money at the end.