Nobody Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
thanks cas ,sounds great fun a good excuse to visit the cinema.👍

Nice review Cas !

I saw this a couple of weeks ago and at first i thought what am i watching :p especially since the beginning of the movie was a bit dull but when he starts breaking free ohhwww my god hahaha.....it was a great action pic and the added support of Christopher Lloyd as his father was epic !

This is coming out on disc in two weeks in the US which i already ordered :)
Highly recommended !

This sounds great, been totally out of the loop in what new movies are coming out - looking forward to seeing this one.

I thoroughly enjoyed it but found it hard not to imagine I was watching some weird dream sequence from “Better Call Saul”. When it all gets very silly towards the end I half expected to see Hector Salamanca ringing his bell.

Thanks Cas. Will watch out for this on rental.
Perfect Film for a bunch of "Who's on First"-esque jokes;

"What did you do last night?"
"I went to see Nobody"
"Oh, so just hung out by yourself?"
"No, I was with Jennifer"
"You saying Jennifer is a Nobody?"
"No - why would you say that?"

etc. etc. etc. :D 🤷‍♂️

Nice review Cas !

I saw this a couple of weeks ago and at first i thought what am i watching :p especially since the beginning of the movie was a bit dull but when he starts breaking free ohhwww my god hahaha.....it was a great action pic and the added support of Christopher Lloyd as his father was epic !

This is coming out on disc in two weeks in the US which i already ordered :)
Highly recommended !
Yeah it's a decent action movie and the small role of Christopher Lloyd was epic!

It’s a really fun film that definitely feels branched out from the John Wick universe. Hutch was an ‘auditor’ - the last person you want at your door when all else fails. Really brutal, visceral action with a quirky sense of humour, and a few expectation subverting moments. Christopher Lloyd still has that glint in his eyes even at his now advanced years - although I’ve always thought of him as old due to Doc Brown! - but Michael Ironside is almost unrecognisable these days, and I had to do a metaphorical double take when I saw his name in the end credits. It’s essentially A History of Violence meets John Wick.

Love this film. Yes, it was silly, but it was FUN! The bus scene is worth the entry price alone. I love the payoffs too?? Hutch's actions or non-actions at the break-in are wonderfully paid back
and upon his return from the bus fight, his wife instantly releases what he's done and doesn't freak about it we get to know his past life is not a complete secret which I love
Christopher Lloyd is brilliant, it was obvious he was told, "enjoy the **** out of this character."

I love how he is not invincible too. While it's VERY clear this came from the minds of John Wick, Bob was adamant he wanted to keep his character as a Dad and not some superhuman.

The only thing I thought was wrong was that the "Give me the goddamn Kitti-Cat bracelet" line in the trailer
came a bit soon. It was highly pushed in the trailers and the rage he gave it I was expecting it to come much later in the film

It's few steps above the Taken "Old Guy Ain't done Yet" route, but it works wonderfully and you're not sat there thinking this is ridiculous, despite it being a little bit...ridiculous. Hutches skills just flirt with the edge of believability, but he had me hooked and I revelled in his "come back" just as much as he did.

Yeah, I liked this.

Last edited:
Love this film. Yes, it was silly, but it was FUN! The bus scene is worth the entry price alone. I love the payoffs too?? Hutch's actions or non-actions at the break-in are wonderfully paid back as to why he did nothing. Christopher Lloyd is brilliant, it was obvious he was told, "enjoy the **** out of this character."

I love how he is not invincible too. While it's VERY clear this came from the minds of John Wick, Bob was adamant he wanted to keep his character as a Dad and not some superhuman.

The only thing I thought was wrong was that the "Give me the goddamn Kitti-Cat bracelet" line in the trailer
came a bit soon.

Yeah, I liked this.

Agree. I avoided all trailers and promo, and tried my best to hedge my review that way.

But basically, when watching the movie, despite knowing where it was going to go based merely off the John Wick comparisons, I halfway wondered how it was going to get there given the way it starts.

Best go in fresh.

Agree. I avoided all trailers and promo, and tried my best to hedge my review that way.

But basically, when watching the movie, despite knowing where it was going to go based merely off the John Wick comparisons, I halfway wondered how it was going to get there given the way it starts.

Best go in fresh.
Yeah avoiding the trailers would have helped (especially the Red-Band Trailer), but what didn't help was that all the promotion was months early for the UK release

Biggest surprise of the year for me so far. I give it a straight 10, it's hilarious.

This guy. This bloody guy.

No I don't mean Cas, I'm talking about Bob Odenkirk.

Breaks my heart he doesn't get the recognition he merits. Although perhaps his stock is finally rising. He's absolutely outstanding, and for sure deserves to be seen a lot more than he is.

An unbelievably good 5 years on Better Call Saul should have made him a household name by now. Hopefully this might do it.

Very much looking forward to this.

I thought it was excellent.

Could easily have been an off shoot of John Wick-verse. I half expected him to pop into the reception at The Continental during it!

Very entertaining film and a strong 8.5/10 from me.

Last edited:
Loved it... 👍
9/10..

Silly
Crazy
Funny
Weird
And Bob..... What's not to like...

Saw this a couple of days ago...epic! Odenkirk is just class. Pure class. As is Christopher Lloyd.

10/10.

Thanks for the review Cas!

Really looking forward to this, Sounds exactly like my kind of film :thumbsup:

Great review Cas, I really enjoyed this. In some regards, even more so than the John Wick series. Absolutely brilliant, I loved the way he “ dealt with” the Russian baddies and the bus sequence was epic 🤣👍

Probably my favorite movie this year so far. Bob Odenkirk is really brilliant in this. Like others already mentioned the bus scene is just pure heaven for action fans.
If you love John Wick you’re gonna love this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom