Nobody 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks Cass, loved this, a 9 for me.

Anyone that has suffered the ignominy of chasing after the bin men in your underpants, this film is for you.
A classic scene and one i am sure most can relate to!

That trailer looks f***ing amazing!

I've managed to avoid the "John Wick" clamour so far, despite the almost universal praise, but I do like a bit of black comedy in amongst the stylised violence, so this seems much more up my street.

Anyone that has suffered the ignominy of chasing after the bin men in your underpants, this film is for you.
I dont think anyone fits that category now, bin men dont like being chased after. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the review Cas. I liked it too. Didn't love it, though. And I think part of that is my expectations were too high based on a lot of people talking about it in hyperbolic terms a few months back.

It would be a 7 for me for the movie personally – enjoyable. But 7/8, not much in it. It was a bit too throw-away for me to give it an 8. An 8 for me represents something I would watch again, and I wouldn't watch this again.

Great movie, i really enjoyed it. my only negative, is the final act is your typical hollywood
ive run out of ideas and just throw everything at the screen with a big fight sillyness
, which kinda spoiled an almost perfect action movie. The soundtrack /score was spot on also and made some really good use of my AV setup.

Story wise it was kinda a cross between the Equaliser and John Wick, so not really original but it worked well.

Nice review.
This film is a perfect 10 to me. A joy.

Just great fun from start to finish, watched it by myself, loved it, watched it with Mrs N, we loved it!! Cheers Cas, spot on review imo..Great Atmos/Vison too.

Good movie.

another rubbish 4k presentation though unfortunately, blurry grainy noisy picture .

It was alright for me nothing special I wouldn't watch it again.

I've watched it 3 times in the last month. Only slight downers for me were the few 'sighs and grunts' which seemed lifted directly from John Wick and the final act as @stevos mentioned.
I'd be happy with a franchise.

Thought it was great, could have been a retread of John Wick but it feels fresh and certainly at that level, action and production.
Wick looks a born killer, Odenkirk gives a deadpan offbeat look to this which is perfect.

Loved this. A definite buy for me.

Christopher Lloyd stole his scenes nicely as well.

First watch tonight. Great film and a solid disc.

Give me the good-dam Kitty Kat bracelet, mother****** 😂

That trailer looks f***ing amazing!

I've managed to avoid the "John Wick" clamour so far, despite the almost universal praise, but I do like a bit of black comedy in amongst the stylised violence, so this seems much more up my street.
You're depriving yourself of not only three fantastic action films but three of the best 4k discs you can buy, also Nobody is genuinely great too.
Stop punishing yourself, you can get the Wick trilogy on Amazon for about 25 quid.

How is the atmos??

No idea. If only there was some way we could find out.

A... review maybe??

Ah well. Guess we'll never know.

You're depriving yourself of not only three fantastic action films but three of the best 4k discs you can buy, also Nobody is genuinely great too.
Stop punishing yourself, you can get the Wick trilogy on Amazon for about 25 quid.
Fantastic? Not really. Theyre a good bit of fun but I dont feel the need to own them.

Fantastic? Not really. Theyre a good bit of fun but I dont feel the need to own them.

ga.gif

Different strokes for different folks.
I've watched all three multiple times this year, i think they're legitimately great.

Great movie, i really enjoyed it. my only negative, is the final act is your typical hollywood , which kinda spoiled an almost perfect action movie. The soundtrack /score was spot on also and made some really good use of my AV setup.

Story wise it was kinda a cross between the Equaliser and John Wick, so not really original but it worked well.

I thought the same, I enjoyed the film overall but thought the 3rd act was too over the top and didn't really fit too well with the rest of the film. Re. the quote in Cas' review "Almost self-aware, but not to the point of parody; almost laugh-out-loud, but not to the point of farce" for me, the film did cross that line into a bit too much of a farce, I thought Kate and Wrath Of Man were better movies in the genre. I would score it a 6.5.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom