1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

No ! Your 4 series board will not fit a 6 series

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by fatherted, Apr 13, 2005.

1. fatherted

fatherted
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The nice cheap 4 series Panasonic input board you have just seen on E-bay for £20 will not fit your 6 series PW6 or PW7

Here is the proof - notice the different edge connector style.

The double connector is a dual slot component / Composite 4 series board - TY-42TM4Z - even though there is 2 connectors, look at the shape.

The single connector is a single slot component board for a 6 or 7 series.

Attached Files:

2. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes, I remember adding a load to my watchlist before realising (after reading here somewhere) that the 4 series boards don't work in the PW6 or PW7.

There was a board for sale on there a couple of days ago and the seller described it as a TY-42TMZ (notice no number for the series!). I asked if it was a TY-42TM4Z or TY-42TM6Z and he assured me that all it said on the board was TY-42TMZ. In the photo was also the installation booklet you get, which clearly had a number between the M&Z, but it wasn't legible. He didn't tell me what that said when I asked him. Needless to say, I didn't bother bidding on it and it went for £21 in the end.

I'm not saying this guy was deliberately trying to mislead potential buyers, but beware and make sure it's the correct board for the series you have before you bid!