1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Xbox Live for me...

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by john87, Dec 5, 2002.

1. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a mod chip installed.
    Was on Unreal Championship, went onto Xbox Live thorugh that. It said Xbox was setting up Xbox Live. It completed, half way through loading Xbox Live it just stopped. I waited 5 minutes then decided to turn my Xbox off and on.

They've disabled Xbox Live and I can't even get to my dashboard any more, it crashes on the splash load up screen. Gutted.

:(

2. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Buggers.

I have just got an XBox and am planning to have it chipped so that I can run some emulators. I have a plan regarding XBox live though.

I will buy another XBox. Seeing as how Microsoft are supposed to lose money for each one sold, buying another will have many positives. It will allow access to XBox live, lose Microsoft some more money, allow my other console to be chipped with the benefits that brings and also mess up Microsofts figures for number of homes with an XBox.

Huge billion dollar corporations. They gonna mess with me, I'm gonna mess with them. :D

3. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    John87 i'm wounded for you mate, i really am, i've had mine chipped and i was in the process of sorting out a connection. but i dont think i'll bother now, as it wont work anymore. looks like i'll have to get a second one if i'm going to go live.

Is you xbox now totally cream crackered, will it do anything at all?

Gary

4. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to note... Did you leave the mod chip enabled when you signed up and installed Xbox Live?

I certainly won't be since I'll be sitting duck. The X-Ecuter II should be out anytime soon (was ment to be 27th nov but its delayed slightly) and it supports up to four BIOS's and can be turned off for Xbox Live.

Word of advice for anyone wanting to have a modded Xbox and want to play on XBL... Turn off your modchip. If you don't then its your fault for not taking the precautions.

As for not being able to get back into the dash.. Have you tried disabling your mod chip? Or flashing a new BIOS? Which mod chip are you using?

5. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +626
    boot with evox on a cd , give your xbox an ip address, ftp in and send over an original xbox ini dash.

you will then be able to boot your xbox again, but you will have lost the links to any apps you have on your drives.

oh and your xbox is locked out of xbox live for good, unless they work out a way round it.

6. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Xbox can do everything except enter the dash board.

I realise it was my fault for not taking precautions, I left the chip on. I haven't done anything to the Xbox since.

It would be great to get the dash working again, and I'm getting a new Xbox to use on Live. I wasn't too fussed about buying another but didn't really want to pay more to Microsoft. However, if they are making a loss its all good :)

gizlaroc, where can I get evox?

thanks all

7. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bump, because I need it the answer quick...

8. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +626
    i dont have it anymore i dont think but do a search for it, it is out there.

send me a pm with your address and i will get someone to send you a bootable cd.