No video with Ixos xhv301 (composite to scart)

DrMekon

Just bought one of these...

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~IXO-XHV301-150.htm

Swapped out my current cheap cabling, i.e., single phono lead (video out on receiver), to a scart adapter (red/white/yellow) which had previously supplied the video without a problem... out in the IXOS, and nothing.. just a black screen!!! In theory, this should do exactly the same...

Checked and double checked, put my old cabling back... works fine, stick in the IXOS, black screen!!! I suppose there could be a chance its a duff cable, although highly unlikely... it just doesn work!!

ANy advice??

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
If you look up the description on the IXOS site it states
XHT301
Scart to 3 RCA
Composite video & stereo audio

Not RCA to SCART. So unless it has a switch on the Scart connector it will only transmit in one direction, unfortunatly for you the wrong one.

neilmcl

Andy98765 said:
If you look up the description on the IXOS site it states
XHT301
Scart to 3 RCA
Composite video & stereo audio

Not RCA to SCART. So unless it has a switch on the Scart connector it will only transmit in one direction, unfortunatly for you the wrong one.
You must be looking at the wrong one. This is the single RCA to scart composite cable.

DrMekon, what exactly are you trying to connect up.

neilmcl

The Ixos cable only carries a composite video-only signal, designed to connect up AV amplifiers/receivers to TVs etc, I don't think its designed to carry a complete analogue RF signal which, if I understand you correctly, is what you're trying to accomplish.

DrMekon

Im ysing it from the video out (yellow) composite connection on my receiver to my tv scart.

It is a direct replacement for the seperate single rca I have from the video out on the receiver to a 3 rca scart (audio l+r, video).. which works fine...

I have also tried it from the composite out on the dvd direct to the tv, and from a laptop video out (all composite, yellow rca) to another tv.. and nothing... all connections work fine with the other cabling I was using...

It has to be a fault with this cable...

neilmcl

DrMekon said:
Im ysing it from the video out (yellow) composite connection on my receiver to my tv scart.

It is a direct replacement for the seperate single rca I have from the video out on the receiver to a 3 rca scart (audio l+r, video).. which works fine...

I have also tried it from the composite out on the dvd direct to the tv, and from a laptop video out (all composite, yellow rca) to another tv.. and nothing... all connections work fine with the other cabling I was using...

It should work OK then so you're probably right it does sound like its faulty. BTW, I'm assuming you didn't get audio from your receiver with your inital setup.

neilmcl

DrMekon said:

It should work OK then so you're probably right it does sound like its faulty. BTW, I'm assuming you didn't get audio from your receiver with your inital setup. What receiver is it?