1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no video picture thru' pj

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by hammy2891, Dec 2, 2004.

1. hammy2891

hammy2891

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    help !!!!!!!
    i've reformatted both my htpc & laptop(xp sp1) but now i don't get any video thru' dvi to the pj,ok on the tft monitor fed by vga, the desktop appears, both media player 10 & tt2.05 appear but no video playing just a black screen on both, whats going on ?,is it a settings thing or dvi thing altho i have it running in the past with fantastic results.i've exhausted all the settings on the pj but with no results.

:confused: please advise a frustrated amateur :confused:

2. hammy2891

hammy2891

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nobody had the same experience ????? :boring:

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Slightly confused by your description. :)

I'm not sure I'm following just what you're seeing on the either monitor when playing a DVD. You say "ok on the TFT ..", then you say "but no video playing .. on both".

I'm also not sure whether you've got one or two systems .. "both my HTPC and laptop" .. do you mean you now have two systems neither of which work using DVI?

What hardware are we talking about, specifically what video card have you got.

4. hammy2891

hammy2891

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    apoligies i confused myself ! :confused:

i have a nvidia 5200 graphics card with dvi out feeding a sanyo projector,this is also feeding a 17" tft monitor via hd15(vga) when playing any video(media,dvd,wmv,ts files & discs)i am not getting any video showing within what ever media player i am using,tt02 or wmp10 although the desktop & media player itself is on show.video is fine on the tft thru' vga.this happens in clone mode and dualveiw,
    sorry if this isn't clear as i am confusing myself again :confused:

5. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    In clone mode you're getting the desktop shown on both, yes? And when you use WMP, say, to play video you see WMP's frame window on both but the video itself only appears on the TFT, yes?

Which is configured as your primary monitor?

I know you've got them in clone mode but unless I'm mistaken if you use Overlay for video rendering then that only appears on the monitor designated primary .. you need to use VMR rendering to get it on secondary I believe.

6. hammy2891

hammy2891

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    kraGorn
    yet another problem solved by the members of this forum

:clap: THNX :clap:

7. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    :D ... glad we managed to figure it out, that issue with overlay ... issue as in issue, not bug ;) ... is less than intuitive, especially when running in 'clone' mode.