No video-out on Sony 535 DVD player, but S-Vid is OK!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Pylon, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Pylon

Pylon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I'm new, and I tried the search engine with not much luck.
    I have got an old Sony 535 DVD player, and last week the video o/p went dead (no SCART or signal on phono skt), I can still get a picture on S-video though! (sound is fine, everything else is fine)
    Any ideas, or where can I get service manual from?
    I am loathed to trash it when it is just the scart o/p that is dead!, and repair cost is likley to exceed cost of a new one!

I'd be grateful for any help on information here please

Thanks
    Ian

2. bitofatit

bitofatit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    hi Ian, similar position to me at the weekend, when I was searching for a user manual. I eventually found a user manual on the official sony web site. Also searched google "Sony" + "manual" and got through to the site of a guy in eastern europe who had access to just about every manual you could wish for. he didn't want paying himself but a donation to Human Rights or something - don't know how much of a donation or wether it was a bit dodgy - but for a donation he states he will download the manual. I personal continued looking and got the user manual I need from Sony. hope that helps
    regards
    BitofaTit :thumbsup:

3. Pylon

Pylon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks,
    I didnt realsie Sony still kept manuals for old product.
    But I could only find general user manual, and I need something more technical - like circuit diagrams!
    Anyway, I since found the S-video op/p from dvd player works, even though scarts don't. So I just need to use different connections to tv.
    Ian

4. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Some players (pretty good ones generally) have the ability to produce images via scart and s-video simulatanously. I think it involves two sets of DACs in the output stage. It sounds like one DAC stage may have gone down. However it could also be some sort of corruption in the stored settings plus many other things.