• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

No Video on 606

rmoo2

Standard Member
I have a 606 connected to a Panasonic plasma TV through HDMI. Into the amp I have a PS3 on HDMI, Sky HD on HDMI with optical for audio, Xbox 360 on component with optical for audio and a Wii on composite.
Everything was fine until a couple of days ago. Now I cannot get any video output through the non HDMI inputs. I have audio on the Xbox but no video, the Wii has no audio or video. I also noticed that the OSD no longer seems to work, I just get a blank screen. The PS3 and Sky HD are fine. Anyone have any idea what might have happened? Is the amp faulty or have I somehow messed up the settings?

mudstuff

Possibly messed up the settings as I think there's an option to have them upconvert and pass out of the amp over HDMI or via their own connections - i.e. 360 out over component. You may have changed that setting.

I think you can also change the video output from HDMI or to off for the OSD but it should still show on the front of the amp?

If it shows on the front of the amp, get the manual out and work through the settings.

Sorry I can't be specific as this is off the top of my head but I think there are such options so hopefully you've changed something by accident.

rmoo2

Standard Member
Possibly messed up the settings as I think there's an option to have them upconvert and pass out of the amp over HDMI or via their own connections - i.e. 360 out over component. You may have changed that setting.

I think you can also change the video output from HDMI or to off for the OSD but it should still show on the front of the amp?

If it shows on the front of the amp, get the manual out and work through the settings.

Sorry I can't be specific as this is off the top of my head but I think there are such options so hopefully you've changed something by accident.

The OSD does still show on the front of the amp. I will have a look when I get home.

rmoo2

Standard Member
I tried changing the settings and still no joy. Think I might take it back to get another one since it is only about 6 months old.

mudstuff

Glad to know you got it sorted, dunno what could have caused it...

Derek22

if it happens again, try just switching off and then unplugging at the wall. I had the same and that was sufficient to get back to normal rather than do a factory reset.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom