No Video/Movies seen on NAS or XMB on PS3

dspit1664

Hi,
perhaps in a thread somewhere in forum and most def somewhere in docs however I have a QNAP 412 and I can see Photos and Music but not Video/Movies option listed.

I have copied over 2 movies to it however I don't seem to be able to see the Movies lists under my Multimedia section either in my NAS admin section (TWONKY) or on my PS3 when I open it. I.e. I can see my NAS on my PS3 but only see Photos and Music no Movies or what ever the section is.

Don't get much time to play with kit at the moment for various reasons and would appreciate someone telling me where I can find the section of a doc saying this is what i am doing wrong or just saying this is what you need to do.

Thanks All. :thumbsup:

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
So I presume you can see you music etc... in Twonky from your PS3?

You need to make sure that in Twonky it is set to scan for video files. If you go to the Twonky settings page make sure that under sharing it is set to scan the correct folders for videos. As long as this is correct (and the video files have correct extensions .avi. mpeg etc...) then it should show once rescanned.

dspit1664

Hi so,
in TWONKY I can create further sub folders off Multimedia
e.g.
Music
Video
Photos

etc....
and then save and I should see (so long as the type is one supported) all on my PS3 or other media server end points?

Daniel

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
Hi so,
in TWONKY I can create further sub folders off Multimedia
e.g.
Music
Video
Photos

etc....
and then save and I should see (so long as the type is one supported) all on my PS3 or other media server end points?

Daniel

Yep. So I have all my media split up into 3 folders under QMultimedia - Music, Pictures, Video.
I copy the relevant files into those folders and then have 3 separate sharing setup in Twonky, each scanning the specific folder for only that type of media - example:

Content Location: /QMultimedia/Video - Scan Videos-Only

and so on...

Last edited:

dspit1664

Nice. Probably would have read through docs etc in time just what with work, kids, dare I say it wife ;) not much time in day for setup/play. Cheers Lancia

dspit1664

Perhaps like many others I have got video camera footage, mobile phone video, standard camera short video all stuck in different folders off my photos dir on my laptop.
My question here is -
Other than spending quite a bit of time finding all of them and perhaps creating a new e.g. folder off my twonkey video folder is there a way on the NAS/twonkey to auto filter short video clips in my photos dir tree and separate them from photos? ( Guess I could do a simple search on windows and do this before I transfer to NAS/twonkey). Perhaps not a fully fledge NAS Q but is in part ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom