No 'video channel'

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by prender, Dec 23, 2006.

Tags:
  1. prender

prender
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

My parents have recently moved and a combination of television (Panasonic TX 28PL10), video (Panasonic NV-HS830) and sky (Thompson Skydigibox DCB) that worked together in their previous home seems to have developed a fault.

We have connected up as per the instructions in the manuals (Q-link) but for some reason there is no sound or picture on the VCR channel, just snow. Previously we would switch between TV and AV on the TV remote only to get anything we wanted.

If we put the TV onto AV2 then there is a bad black and white picture with sound.

We can actually record terrestial TV without seeing anything on the VCR channel but it will play back what was recorded. The only way to record Sky is to watch the Sky channel and press the record-what-you-see button on the TV remote.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks in advance,

Prender

2. technospark

technospark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    hi i think you got the scart leads the wrong way round but without seeing the way you got them i cant really say but the norm way round is scart from the tv in to the out put of th sat then the input to the sat is from the video
    i hope this helps