No Teletext?

bcron66

Standard Member
Hi, just got my new tdrive installed but cant get any teletext service through my Samsung lcd. I rang Telewest and first was told there was no Teletext service through tdrive and then that there was, but there was a fault at the moment. I have no problem getting teletext from the old box that I moved,so can anyone tell me what the situation with teletext and tdrive is.:lease:

Captain

Hi, just got my new tdrive installed but cant get any teletext service through my Samsung lcd. I rang Telewest and first was told there was no Teletext service through tdrive and then that there was, but there was a fault at the moment. I have no problem getting teletext from the old box that I moved,so can anyone tell me what the situation with teletext and tdrive is.:lease:

I've had the TV drive box for six months now and there has never been a teletext service as far as I know.

warrej

If you are connecting via HDMI then there will be no teletext as I believe this type of connection does not support it. I can't comment on whether or not the TV Drive supports teletext though as I only connect via HDMI

buffalo2102

Teletext is an analogue signal format and so will not be available if you are watching via HDMI. The same is true for page 888 subtitles, although DVB subtitles should be available. Having said that, there seems to be a fault with the TVDrive and DVB subtitles through HDMI on some channels.

You should be able to access teletext and both formats of subtitles if viewing via the scart connection of TV Drive.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom