No telephone connected - but it is!!

S

SkyJock

Got a letter from Sky saying my second box was not connected. Checked the socket it plugs into and it's ok. Thought it might be the RENs so unplugged some other stuff and it s still says 'no telephone connection'. Any cheap way to fix this without paying £50 call out to look at the box? :lease:

Summary to my telephone line woes:

I find that some telephone cables do not seem to work and others need to be joined together (kind of like a cat5 crossover cable if you know that cable). My Sky+ box needs to have the silver cable that came with the box between it and the wall, the extension cable on its own seems to make the box think it is unconnected.

Also, even when both boxes register the phone line one box still doesnt call back. Sky sent 3 letters, I sent 2 very cross letters back. I now dont have to have both boxes connected as I refused to pay the callout for a box that (to me) works perfectly. They finally agreed to waive the telephone line condition and I can just aout cope, albeit there is an astoundingly high price for the service (£43). I may cancel soon but Ive also just got a new Sky+ box (V2), it is so much better than the old V1 that I can last for a short while more now.

If it checks out with a telephone OK then the fault is with the digi box.As this is part of the install tell Sky you will cancel the subscription if they don't come out and sort it out(don't worry,they will do ANYTHING to avoid this!!!) Most common cause for this is a blown modem(any thunderstorms lately???) OR you may also want to check the box is set to tone dial and not pulse dial(assuming you have tone dial?? some out lying areas are still on pulse)

I had this problem, and had to go into setup and change a setting on the Sky box.
See this thread

Thanks guys - it's annoying cause it seemed to work ok before. I'll give these a try!

Just had my second letter from Sky. I had to put 1470 as a prefix in Eng Menu. Once callback accepted, Sky was happy.

a bit of advice,do i need to keep the sky+ connected to the telephone line???i reakon i do to keep getting the sofware updates,my says no,please prove him wrong or i.m out of a fiver!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom