No Subwoofer Output

calibradtm

got a Tosh XE1 today and connected it to my amp with the 5.1 connections.in the set up menu you can do a test tone test,all speakers output fine but when it comes to the subwoofer all there is is silence.have i missed something stupidly easy somewhere?

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Have you set your speakers to small? If that's an option anywhere.

calibradtm

changed all speakers to small,still the same.when i do the test tone through my amp's set up the subwoofer gives a nice rumble,but through the dvd test tone there is nothing.anybody?

telford_mike

Don't worry about it. I don't get a test tone through my sub but it works fine when listening to DVDs.

Throw a disk in and see what you get.

city fan

got a Tosh XE1 today and connected it to my amp with the 5.1 connections.in the set up menu you can do a test tone test,all speakers output fine but when it comes to the subwoofer all there is is silence.have i missed something stupidly easy somewhere?

This is the thread you need-

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528477&highlight=xe1+lfe+problem

Not that easy reading, but experiment with your equipment and you should get your sound right.

I'm still not 100% convinced I've got the LFE right, but I do believe the analogue outs are far better than S/PDIF. EG I was watching a DTS SD-DVD last night. Set Tosh to speakers LARGE out PCM and overall was far more expansive, detailed etc... Base I'm still not certain, but my sub was certainly working!

kingfats

Distinguished Member

Hi
Same here,but you say you're stll having trouble during playback?
Sorry if you already know but have yoiu tried the old S/PDIF set to PCM in the Xe1 audio menu.Fixed the bass issue for a lot of people using multi analogs.Cheers.

calibradtm

Bingo! connected my sub straight to the XE1 and boom!,bass galore! now,can i put a splitter on the sub and have a connection to both my XE1 and my amp or wouldn't this work?

city fan

Bingo! connected my sub straight to the XE1 and boom!,bass galore! now,can i put a splitter on the sub and have a connection to both my XE1 and my amp or wouldn't this work?

Seems a strange way to go :confused:. Don't think its supposed to work like that.

Should be XE1 outputs to 5.1 inputs of receiver, then the .1 output to the sub. I read you've just connected lead straight to from the sub output on the XE1 to the line input of the sub.

If your sub has 2 line inputs I suppose you could always connect another lead from the receiver to the sub for your other inputs. Never heard of going this way though. Would the whole bass management be compromised? Anyone any comments?

calibradtm

sub has only got one input.i connected straight from sub to XE1 because no matter what i tried i couldn't get bass when connected from XE1 to amplifier.The reason i asked about a splitter is if i leave it as it is i will have to keep unplugging the sub lead from the XE1 and plugging it into my amp every time i want to watch a region 1 dvd on my sony dvd player.If it helps the amp i have is a Denon AVC-A1SE.anybody else got the XE1 and the A1SE,if so how have you gone on with the bass and if successful what tweaks did you make? :)

calibradtm

i knew i should have read my amp's manual thoroughly! went into the settings for EXT-1 input,whacked the subwoofer up to +12db and voila! bass bass bass! sorted!:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom