No subtitles when playing from usb stick - Samsung QE43Q60R

ng80092a

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have movies in my usb stick that play perfectly on vlc media player, for years.
However, in plain 2020, samsung qe43q60r is not able to do it, some movies are not played at all, others are played without audio (animes with dual language)
I've checked and the tv firmware is updated.

Does anyone knows whats going on? I cannot find a reason for such limited video player in a tv.
Is there a solution that doesnt involve having to manually extract the subtitles and put them in the same folder with the same than the video? (its not year 2000..)

Having the exact same issue now with my 5 year old LG 32" 1080p HD tv in the bedroom,i was actually looking at the QE32Q60R to replace this and sort this issue out(CANT GET IT IN THE UK),as a lot of the new stuff I play via usb hard drive wont play properly or at all.

I get messages like "audio format not supported",but displays the picture,"file format not supported"wont play picture or sound,very annoying indeed but expected given the tv`s age.

I would NOT have expected to see this on a new current model tv,especially from Samsung 😳 ,and this problem is swaying me towards a Sony android or similar tv that will support external app/software installation to get round this.

Im afraid the Q60 series tv`s from Samsung are not doing themselves any favours so to speak,as more and more negative issues seem to be cropping up,pi55es me off to be honest.🤬👎

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom