No startup image with DVP-NS930V

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dajfaber, Dec 1, 2004.

1. dajfaber

dajfaber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought a DVP-NS930V and I ran into some strange behaviour of this machine.

When I turn on the machine (without any disc loaded) no image appears on the tv. Only when I press the display button on the remote or when I enter a disc the DVD player will start sending a signal to the tv. This behaviour is not described in the instruction manual.

I used to own a Sony 735, on this machine when you turned it on it would always send images to the tv. Also with the DVP-NS930V I would have expected that when the DVD is turned on an image would show on the tv.

The machine I bought is a demo machine and I want to make sure that it is 100% ok (otherwise I will return it and wait for the 955 to arrive).

Can anybody confirm that it is normal that the player is not sending any images when it is turned on or whether I have a problem?

Thanks for your help.

2. tazpc

tazpc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I think I have the same player.
    Is your display able to handle PAL progressive?

If not then a small switch on the back should be set to interlace tot progressive.

I'm at work so not 100% on my player.

It also depends on whether a PAL or NTSC disc is inserted.

3. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    hi there.
    i have exactly the same player in my son's bedroom and i've just given mine a try and it does indeed do exactly the same as what your experiencing.
    ie:blanc screen until i press display or insert a disc.
    hope this helps.
    by the way,my player is multiregion enabled and both pal and ntsc progressive scan.
    paul1672