No Sponsored Trade-Ins

kalel795

Novice Member
microsoft ar e really trying to make as much as they can this time.

just thought this might interest some people this is plucked from a website i sometimes read

So you Xbox junkies have been asking like crazy about the possibility of trading in your Xbox 360 for the new Elite. Well, for you Xbox 360 owners who don’t give a rat’s scraggily little tail, it probably doesn’t make a difference, but for the former group, you won’t be receiving squat from Microsoft.

However, that doesn’t mean you can’t get an exchange for your Core or Premium system at Game Crazy or Gamestop. I’m not going to link to either site because we’re not endorsed by either, so you can type it in yourself. Anyway, we asked around like we said we would and here’s the official response from a Microsoft representative, "There are no Microsoft sponsored Xbox 360 trade-in programs. Retailers such as GameStop and Game Crazy, who do every day trade in programs will continue to run those and include the Elite console. There might be other retailers that put together trade-in programs that we are unaware of."

So there you have it; it’s not all a bust. If you really want to make something of it, you can buy an Elite and rant to your heart’s content. Alternatively, you can take it up with the pimple-faced clerks who perpetually rip you off at GameStop

Crovon

Distinguished Member
Why should they?

Other companies dont offer trade-ins when they release new versions of old products, Why should MS be any different?

Sony didnt offer me a trade-in on my PS2 for the slimline version.

The Elite is a seperate product and is being marketed and sold as such i.e. a 3rd SKU of the 360 range. There is no reason for you to buy it unless you want the features that it now has (HDMI, 120 gb HD and Black colour) and so there is no reason for MS to offer a money off or trade in deal for existing owners.

You can still go to game and get a trade in for an elite so whats the problem?
There was a time when trade ins for games and consoles didnt exist at all, so we really are quite lucky to even have this option.

m1ket

Apple bring out new ipods every year with better specs more storage etc, i biught my tv there are newer ones now... so i expect an official trade in of course not the current 360 can play all the game the elite can

McPhee

Not really a surprise. Trading in a 360 for an Elite is dumb anyway, theres no advantage to it.
HDMI will make little difference
The 120GB HDD can be bought seperately
Black cases can be bought or stock cases painted

Its not like the existance of the Elite removes from the experience you get with a Premium or Core, its over and above that. The only way there would be a trade-in system is if HDMI was going to become standard and users with Component/VGA would miss out on features

FrancescoNoir

Novice Member
It really annoys me that Nintendo didn't offer me a subsidised trade-in when I chopped my old DS in for a shiny new DS Lite.

Just....no. Bad thread, bad point, born of ignorance, bad & wrong. So there.

[email protected]

Novice Member
It really annoys me that Nintendo didn't offer me a subsidised trade-in when I chopped my old DS in for a shiny new DS Lite.

Just....no. Bad thread, bad point, born of ignorance, bad & wrong. So there.
You think thats bad, wait till you here this.

I bought an EvoVI way back when, fully expecting it to never be superceded or improved. Those bar stewards at Mitsi have only gone and brought out 3 newer models with a forth iminent!!!!!! Did I get an upgrade? Did I get compensation? Not a thing!!!

Scandalous :nono:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom