1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound with dvd and tosh 32zp48

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by davee b, Jan 1, 2005.

1. davee b

davee b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all

just took delivery from empire direct who delivered 4 days after ordering :thumbsup: generally very pleased with the set especially the quality of dvd video although ntl digital is a bit more suspect.

my problem is my main dvd player (an old tosh 210) connected to ext 2 doesnt give any sound on the tv (although i get sound via a coax to amp connection).

i've scoured the menus of both the tv and dvd player and cant fathom it out.

the scart is in securely and works with other devices. the dvd player outputs sound through another tv ok. I tried the dvd player on ext 3 and still no sound. Other devices work fine on ext 2.

Any ideas would be very welcome. :suicide:

2. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'm very sad to hear this - I very much like this model. I'm not at home right now to investigate but I've had a look at the manual on the Tosh site. I'm thinking around page 17 of the manual ? do you think the tv may have accidentally made an 'inappropriate' association between Ext2/3 etc and the external audio inputs ? worth a double check - hopefully this is just a menu set up problem. regards, yt.

3. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to check out the digital sound connection in one of the the menus. I believe this is common to the ZP18 my mate has, and he did the same thing - it was set to work on AV2 so when he fed the sky box in there was no sound. Change it to one that isn't used (AV3 for example) and you will have sound again.

4. davee b

davee b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks for the ideas, i was thinking along those lines myself but it wasnt the problem. ext 1 was associated with ext 3 and my problem was with ext 2....i sorted it by swapping a couple of scarts and everything worked, the obvious conclusion was that the scart wasnt seated properly but i know it was in securely. weird :p