1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound with Dolby Digital

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Woolybully, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Woolybully

Woolybully

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    HI

Has anyone had the problem of no sound on DD broadcasts?
    I recorded Batman Forever on Sky Movies the other night and found that it had no sound I then checked the other movie channels and found that all movie channels broadcasting with a DD soundtrack had no sound...the ones with no DD had!.I Checked my settings and my optical cable and all seemed fine.By the way,if I switch to normal stereo from DD on Sky+ box,sound returns but only as stereo.
    Any Ideas...has my box gone faulty? :confused:

2. markbingo

markbingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    I have not had this problem myself. I taped a couple of DD movies over the weekend, and they came out fine. I connect via optical cable to my 5.1 system.

FYI, I did NOT record Batman Forever, so can't confirm if that particular broadcast was ok or not.

I would suggest that you do some more testing, with the sound on different settings and make sure all your cables are seated correctly. Optical cables are not a very firm fit, so are you sure its in ok on both ? Does your 5.1 confirm it's receiving the Optical signal during playback ?

Mark

3. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a little more help maybe ie what setup do you currently have (amp/receiver etc)