No Sound with AirPlay to Sony XBR 65x90CH (65x900H)

CameraCarl

Novice Member
I'm new to these forums so apologize if I missed a prior post which answered this question. I tried a search and did find one post but it didn't help. So here is my question:

I just bought a Sony 65x90CH TV and have tried streaming content to the TV via AirPlay from my iMac (running Mojave OS) and my MacBook Pro (running Catalina). I can stream video from both computers but get no audio. I can change the audio volume sliders on the computer and see the volume indicator bar on the bottom of the TV screen changing, but no sound. I have tried clicking on the Audio Preferences icon on my computer Menu Bar and changed the selection from the output device to the TV, but still no sound. I have confirmed that both computers and TV are on the same WiFi network. I can stream via AirPlay from my iPad to the TV and both audio and video work fine, just not with the computers. I also can stream both video and audio from my computers to the TV using ChromeCast without problems. I have tried rebooting the computers and the TV set with no success. I've also tried disabling AirPlay on the TV and re-enabling it, but no good. I've tried streaming via AirPlay with the content on Chrome, Safari and Firefox browsers, to no avail; still good video but no audio. It is just the AirPlay which doesn't work, and unfortunately I have sources which don't seem to allow me to ChromeCast them. Can anyone offer suggestions? Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom