No sound via optical from a Denon 11SR

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by oreoboy13, Aug 1, 2002.

Tags:
  1. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    been working for about 6 months and suddenly i cant get any sound via optical i have tried two different sources with two different optical leads, and nothing. i then tried reassigning OPT ports with no luck, then i tried setting the input to DBS instead of DVD and still nothing. The sources were my TV built in dvd player and a ps2.

I have yet to try a coax, but i was wondering if anyone had any ideas, experience, suggestions etc?

2. DazJWood

DazJWood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh if it has been working for 6 months then the answer is its broke if you have tried different sources and different interconnects.

Send it back

3. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,322
    Hi

Try resetting the amp, hold down the Stereo & Direct buttons whilst turning the amp on, the display will flash a couple of times.

Before you do it, make sure you write down all your settings, speaker distances, levels etc.

If it does´nt work after that, it will need to go back to Denon to be looked at.

4. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jase you star, fully working now. Thank you so much, i can now start watching films again :)