Question No sound via HDMI (Anthem MRX-500)

djkutasi

Hi guys,

I have an issue with my Anthem MRX 500 which i bough recently second hand.

So my problem is that, my MRX 500 doesn't output audio via HDMI. The picture plays nice at 24p, but the receiver shows "no audio" in the front display where the multi channel audio format should be.

I have spent line 2 afternoons to figure out what could be wrong... but no luck...
I set audio input to "Dig HDMI" also tried "TV", "TV+AVR" and "AVR" settings including testing all the HDMI inputs. There is image, but no sound on any of them. (with my Dune Solo Lite player)

Since i didn't have this issue on my previous receivers (in the same setup see my signature) this could be either a setting or a hardware fault.

Any ideas or tips from Anthem experts? :)

Thanks!

Violator

First of all, have you tried a factory reset?

Secondly, I assume you've tried more than one source file?

djkutasi

I did a factory reset.
Also upgraded the firmware.
I did an ARC computer calibration as well which worked okay.

I tried all the HDMIs, but no audio on any of them.
The optical input does audio, so i presume my Anthem is faulty... :(

Ewoody

ask anthem direct.

Contact Us | Anthem®

click .. your need help with ..
setting up your electronics or technical issues/troubleshooting.

djkutasi

thanks, i have already tried this.
Sadly this Anthem is not under warranty any more so i will just send it back to the seller.

This was my first and probably the last Anthem receiver. Had big expectations, but probably will never know if they really sound as they say... :(

Rambles

Distinguished Member
Could you not use optical audio in to at least have a listen whilst you have it?

DodgeTheViper

thanks, i have already tried this.
Sadly this Anthem is not under warranty any more so i will just send it back to the seller.

This was my first and probably the last Anthem receiver. Had big expectations, but probably will never know if they really sound as they say... :(
Would you like me to take a look at mine to see if there's any setting options that have possibly been overlooked ?

djkutasi

Thanks for your effort! :)

I did a test with my notebook and optical did work, even with multi channel sound.
Then I set to HDMI and no sound. :(

Trending threads

Top Bottom