1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound through Sony GX300?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by videonasty, Jan 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I've got a problem when playing a DVD movie/disc through my Sony GX300? I've set-up the DVD player to a Yamaha 750SE amp & now when ever I play a DVD movie, I have to watch it through the amp & speakers & it won't allow me to watch it through the TV speakers. This is annoying, as if I want to watch something a little later, I have to turn the volume down low! (neighbours) Could anyone tell me what I have done wrong & help me get to a set-up where I can choose to watch/listen to a DVD through the TV or the amp/speakers??

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Send the pre out left and right to the tv. Get a scart cable with an s-video and 2xphono leads, connect it up with s-video on monitor (or video-out if used for something else) and the 2 phonos on the left and right pre out. Then when you want only the tele on mute or otherwise turn the volume of the amp down and select stero on the amp (then the tv will get all sound and you'll not miss the centre or rear channels). This should be a solution to your problem, if your already using the pre-outs get a high quality phono spliter and you shouldn't lose much signal.

Hope this helps.

3. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    You might be able to set the yammy to output dolby/dts 2.1/2.0 aswell although you'll have to look.

4. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I basically don't want to turn on my amp, when watching a DVD recorded programme, I've done it before, I've just got to work out what I'm doing wrong?

CHEERS

5. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Plug a scart directly to the TV and access the dvd that way.

Connect your DVD to the amp via digital cable and s-video or component(better) whichever you tv will take. Then plug the amp to the tv as said earlier if using s-video otherwise if it takes component it might have a stero input on the back.

If you just want video from the amp then just plug the video via s-video -> scart or component -> component and the leave the pre-out stuff out.

Hope that helps.