1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound through my Mission FS2-AV sub

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Canuck, May 24, 2005.

1. Canuck

Canuck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just recently set up my system; Sony KDF-50WE655 LCD tv, Denon 2805 receiver, Denon 755 DVD and Mission FS2-AV 5.1 surround sound. There's sound through all speakers but sounds like a tin box as I am getting no response from the sub. I have all speakers wired to sub first, then connected to receiver via Missions umbilical cable, power is on, and sub in on umbilical cord (rca) is connected to the sub connection on the back of the receiver. Nothing. Any clues on how to proceed?

2. Fresh_Mint

Fresh_Mint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would suggest a call or e-mail to Mission's service department. They are very quick to answer their e-mails and will do their upmost to solve the problem for you. e-mail addy is service@mission.co.uk and I'm sure they will get back to you very quickly. I know, I use to sit right next to them! :) Hope that helps.

3. missionman

missionman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the power light on the sub? It should glow green when the sub is active (i.e. when it receives a signal). If it is green then either the power amplifier is faulty or the speaker driver is faulty. We've seen some transit damage when the speaker drive unit has been damaged and this gives no output. In that case contact Mission Service.

Mr Mission