1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound on some Dolby Digital Recordings

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by dav54321, Feb 8, 2004.

1. dav54321

dav54321

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dolby Digital Sound Problem on SKY+
    When playing back a recorded film from the planner, no sound comes from centre channel. When pressing back up to return to the planner & then pressing select again this works fine. When I report this to the Sky technical helpline they said that they have having problems with Dolby Digital sound tracks on the films. When I pointed out that the sound track was recorded, as when pressing backup and playing the film again the sound track was fine.

Also 2 films (Oceans Eleven & About A Boy) on the Sky+ planner, when highlighting them & pressing the "i" (information button) the information given is for 2 completely different films. When mentioning this to Sky, they just said that this must be a technical problem our end.

I am using a version 2 box connected to a Sony Dav550

Just wondering if anyone else has experiencing the same problems.

Thanks

2. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    It's a glitch on + I've not experienced. Apparantly software downloads will cure it. Having never experienced it I thought it'd been cured. Perhaps it was, ring Sky to see & force a download if you've missed it.

3. eeper

eeper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just out of interest, how have you connected your DAVS550 to the Sky Box? I have a DAVS880 which has broadly similar connections.

Do you plug the whole lot into the back of the player?

4. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Nope - I'd guess he's connecting through the digital optical connection.

5. dav54321

dav54321

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's right, I am connecting through the optical lead. I think the fault is on the Sky+ box because when you press "back-up" & then "select" to view the film again, the sound works OK.