No sound on some Dolby Digital Recordings

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by dav54321, Feb 8, 2004.

1. dav54321

dav54321

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dolby Digital Sound Problem on SKY+
    When playing back a recorded film from the planner, no sound comes from centre channel. When pressing back up to return to the planner & then pressing select again this works fine. When I report this to the Sky technical helpline they said that they have having problems with Dolby Digital sound tracks on the films. When I pointed out that the sound track was recorded, as when pressing backup and playing the film again the sound track was fine.

Also 2 films (Oceans Eleven & About A Boy) on the Sky+ planner, when highlighting them & pressing the "i" (information button) the information given is for 2 completely different films. When mentioning this to Sky, they just said that this must be a technical problem our end.

I am using a version 2 box connected to a Sony Dav550

Just wondering if anyone else has experiencing the same problems.

Thanks

2. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    It's a glitch on + I've not experienced. Apparantly software downloads will cure it. Having never experienced it I thought it'd been cured. Perhaps it was, ring Sky to see & force a download if you've missed it.

3. eeper

eeper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just out of interest, how have you connected your DAVS550 to the Sky Box? I have a DAVS880 which has broadly similar connections.

Do you plug the whole lot into the back of the player?

4. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Nope - I'd guess he's connecting through the digital optical connection.

5. dav54321

dav54321

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's right, I am connecting through the optical lead. I think the fault is on the Sky+ box because when you press "back-up" & then "select" to view the film again, the sound works OK.