No Sound on SKY Premier Movies 1 , 2 and 3

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Montana, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Montana

Montana
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Everyone,
    I have had this fault now for over a week, but I am VERY surprised that no-one else here has reported it.I have rung SKY(waste of time, but I did it anyway) and they have ended up telling me that it is a broadcasting issue, and that I am not the only viewer with this problem. I am not sure to which SKY + box I have, I think it is the new one as it is not very wide and is white.
    So, all you people out there, check you're SKy premier movie channels 1 , 2 and 3, and see if there is any sound or wether the sound is intermittent.

Andy

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I don't have a version2 box and don't subscribe to the movie channels BUT whenever SKY say they are the cause of the problem then you should be straight in with a refund/credit claim on your package subscription and SKY+ subscription.

3. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    This is quite a common problem and only seems to affect films with Dolby digital sound.

4. twicenightly

twicenightly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You shouldn't have the problem for that long though. When there are problems, I only seem to have them for about 10mins or so.

Try changing the Sky+ audio output from Dolby D to Stereo and see if you get sound then?

5. eMonk

eMonk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. shawkins002

shawkins002
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I had a call from sky last night - apparently they have now fixed this problem. If anyone is experiencing this issue, first unplug the box as eMonk says and reboot. You should only have to do this once - if there are any further problems after doing this, please post here as Sky are calling me back next week to find out if everything's sorted.

Cheers

Simon

7. alistair

alistair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had this problem for a while now but it has only frustrated me recently 'cause I haven't had films I want to watch on those channels. I phoned sky and they told me it was my fault, probably I have dust in my scart connection. I gave them the benefit of the doubt here and cleaned it all up and check my connections. Did a re-boot procedure. Guess what still persists.:(
    When I watch pre-recorded it happens all the time, esp. when I use the pause button. When I go back to play it's always without sound. I have got in thr habit of rewinding for a minute or two which seems to resolve the prob. Sky do not seem to understand that it is a channel specific and intermittent. Of course by the time you get through the problem is resolved!
    Anyone got any more ideas?
    Oh by the way hope those rumours of sky dropping the £10 surcharge are true.

8. Paul Elliott

Paul Elliott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem last night on Sky Premier 1 trying to watch Gosford Park on sky+. The sound would drop out intermittently, turning the box off and back on brought the sound back, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for 15 minutes. Tried unplugging from the mains without success. The fault was also present via analogue outputs. Every other channel that I tried afterwards was fine, so the problem would appear to be related to DD broadcasts. The thought of calling sky about this depresses me enormously, so lets hope they fix it before I have to.

Paul.