No sound on recorded program

Thelma

Standard Member
Hi

I hope this is the right forum. On my TV with integrated freeview there are no programs shown in the TV guide for ITV3. This has been blank for 2-3 weeks.

If I record a program from ITV 3 with my PVR Humax there is picture but no sound although I can hear the sound if I watch it live.

Anyone any explanations please and why isn't ITV shown in guide on my TV.

Thanks

crammedin

Novice Member
Hi

I hope this is the right forum. On my TV with integrated freeview there are no programs shown in the TV guide for ITV3. This has been blank for 2-3 weeks.

If I record a program from ITV 3 with my PVR Humax there is picture but no sound although I can hear the sound if I watch it live.

Thanks

This might have something to do with the channel changes recently on freeview. Try deleting all the channels on the Humax (Menu/Edit channels) and then carry out an automatic scan for channels from the installation menu. If that doesnt work try selecting the default setting in the installation menu for a factory reset (this wont delete the contents of the hard drive).

You might have a similar option on your tv to scan for new channels or reset to default settings.

O

oilman

This might have something to do with the channel changes recently on freeview. Try deleting all the channels on the Humax (Menu/Edit channels) and then carry out an automatic scan for channels from the installation menu. If that doesnt work try selecting the default setting in the installation menu for a factory reset (this wont delete the contents of the hard drive).

You might have a similar option on your tv to scan for new channels or reset to default settings.

It is definitely due to the recent freeview changes. I had same problems until I rescanned. Incidentally, a simple re-scan was not goo engough as it mangled the order of the channels (I didn't delete them first as you suggest). However, the full default setting reset did the trick - onloy problem I had was that I forgot to note the RF output channel I sometimes use before I did it and had to search for it by trial and error.

Thelma

Standard Member
Thanks guys

I reset to factory default and everything looks ok. TV3 is now in guide.

I am always a bit worried about changing anything in case changes are made that I can't fix but in this case it looks ok.

Thanks again.

hifienthusiast

Standard Member
I have the same problem with my Humax 9200T recently. An automatic re-scan hasn't done the trick. Will try the factory reset later.

Thanks for the advice from everyone.

Hi

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom