No sound on my Pioneer PDP 427XD

K

kbr88

I have a Pioneer PDP 427XD Tv that has been in the cupboard for a couple of years. i tried to set it up to test it and discovered there was no sound. The TV used to be connected to a Yamaha soundbar but that is no longer the case.
The TV is now connected via aerial. it's not connected to a stb or receiver. just the aerial. the picture is perfect and all of the functions work (EPG etc). i have tried all of the following:

-swapped aerial cables
-moved TV from one room to another to test the aerial outlet itself
-reset the sound 2-3 times
-reset to factory defaults twice
-checked minimum sound level
-checked mute
-checked source (TV)

Nothing seems to work. Am I missing something? Is it a hardware problem?

grateful for any suggestions

Does your set have a headphone socket?...if it does, have you tried headphones?

good thinking. i just tested with headphones and there is sound. But, no sound from the built-in speaker. Could the hardware be knackered?

I've just Googled your model and it has right/left speaker output terminals on the rear which means it has no inbuilt speakers.
It uses external speakers and had optional side speakers...so do you have these?

It states "integrated under-mounted speakers", have you looked around the back of the set to see if they're connected to the speaker terminals...that's your first check.

it turns out that the TV is actually the PDP 507XD and not the PDP427XD. The PDP42 has integrated speakers, but guess what the PDP 507XD doesn't have integrated speakers. No wonder there is no sound. Duh.... I should have looked more carefully at the specs. would have saved 2 hours this morning.
thanks for the help. problem solved!

No probs, we all get caught out with daft things from time to time :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom