Quantcast

No sound on HD channels

bailey10

Novice Member
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help with this age old problem.

We have two Panasonic plasma TV's one on each side of a partition wall, one for the lounge and one for the kitchen. Sounds great which it is when working.
We have had the following setup for about eight years:-
Sony surround system, the one with the really small satellite speakers. Everything goes into that, sky HD box, Blu-ray, and the Two TV's. The TV's have a separate very long hdmi lead to the Sony system however before they enter the system there is a two into one splitter so both TV's watch the same thing, no multi room. Everything worked fine until some years ago my mother was watching the house while we were away and decided to attempt to watch some TV. The whole process of getting everything on was just to much. When we got back I had to reset the whole sky system to get everything back on. The HD sound on one of the TV's wouldn't work, I somehow got I working, sound on..... Result. The mother situation then happened again some two years ago and I can't remember how I fixed it last time! I know there is sound because it works on one of the TV's, I've swapped the splitter ports around to rule that out, all is the same.
Its been like this for two years ish and has gone past ridiculous now so I need help.
Don't know if this matters, but the TV that the sound doesn't work on is a freesat model, I've never used the freesat or even wish to venture into that can of worms.
Any help would be appreciated.

bailey10

Novice Member
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help with this age old problem.

We have two Panasonic plasma TV's one on each side of a partition wall, one for the lounge and one for the kitchen. Sounds great which it is when working.
We have had the following setup for about eight years:-
Sony surround system, the one with the really small satellite speakers. Everything goes into that, sky HD box, Blu-ray, and the Two TV's. The TV's have a separate very long hdmi lead to the Sony system however before they enter the system there is a two into one splitter so both TV's watch the same thing, no multi room. Everything worked fine until some years ago my mother was watching the house while we were away and decided to attempt to watch some TV. The whole process of getting everything on was just to much. When we got back I had to reset the whole sky system to get everything back on. The HD sound on one of the TV's wouldn't work, I somehow got I working, sound on..... Result. The mother situation then happened again some two years ago and I can't remember how I fixed it last time! I know there is sound because it works on one of the TV's, I've swapped the splitter ports around to rule that out, all is the same.
Its been like this for two years ish and has gone past ridiculous now so I need help.
Don't know if this matters, but the TV that the sound doesn't work on is a freesat model, I've never used the freesat or even wish to venture into that can of worms.
Any help would be appreciated.
Sorry folks, I have found where to correct it, sky box, change from Dolby to normal...done. why I couldn't of found this earlier I don't know.

Top Bottom