• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

No Sound On Car Stereo

flaps

Standard Member
Hi all, today i installed a cd player in the car , straight forward really , just plugged in and thats it, problem ive got is when i start the car the sound from the stereo goes, then if i turn the ignition off the sound comes back :confused:
The stereo stays on , its just the sound that goes ??
any help would be much appreciated
thanks
chris

Ayub

Distinguished Member
Hi, please state as much info as you can

make model of car
make model of stereo
how you have rigged it up

any pics

Sounds like a small issue possible incorrect + 12v power to one of the speakers.

flaps

Standard Member
its a rover 25 , a sony cd player , basically just plugged the block connecters from the car into the back of the stereo

Ayub

Distinguished Member
Check to see if the connectors are making good contact. If you have simply removed the block and installed the new one it should work unless you have a faulty stereo.

Make sure the yellow plug is not connected ( the display plug)#

But this sounds like you have the ISO plug on the WRONG WAY ROUND.

flaps

Standard Member
Hi mate , thanks for the help , when you say dont connect the yellow plug , do you mean the yellow wire ? wots the iso plug ? the plug with all the live wires ? this plug only goes in one way so im a bit on the baffled side !! sorry for being a bit thick , but im abit lost when it comes to this technical stuff
regards
chris

Ayub

Distinguished Member
If you have a camera with a good enough zoom. Take a pic and post it here. No the rover plug should have 3 bits

1 is for the display on your dash
1 is for power/battery live negative etc
1 is for speakers they are all moulded onto one single plug. Yes they only go one way round but you can get them the wrong way round ( i have done it! )

flaps

Standard Member
Ok thanks , i will wipe the dust off the camera and get some pics , and then go from there, i will also get a pic of my stereo loom
thanks again
chris

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom