• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

NO sound on BBC HD

archie456

Hi,

My new VMCE HTPC is working well and all channels look good.

That is apart from BBC HD and LUXE.

I have the TV Pack and Hacked DLL to get HD installed, the picture displays fine, but no sound.

I've got FDDShow installed for the codecs.

Anyone experienced this problem?

Stephen Neal

Distinguished Member
These channels use AC3 rather than MP2 for audio - you probably need to look at how your system is handling AC3 audio.

Are you expecting to bitstream this out to an amp over HDMI or Toslink/SPDIF Coax - or decode in the PC and output in stereo or multichannel analogue or multichannel PCM over HDMI?

archie456

These channels use AC3 rather than MP2 for audio - you probably need to look at how your system is handling AC3 audio.

Are you expecting to bitstream this out to an amp over HDMI or Toslink/SPDIF Coax - or decode in the PC and output in stereo or multichannel analogue or multichannel PCM over HDMI?

The sound is going down my HDMI lead to the TV - I would have thought that FDDShow would have installed the AC3 codec?? What do most people use for AC3 decoding?

Cheers.

archie456

Well I've installed AC3Filter. (I installed the full version) - but still no sound on HD channels (all else is fine).

Do I need to set something? Prior to installing AC3Filter I have already installed FDDShow - perhaps this is causing a problem??

Any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom