No sound from Wharfdale SW 150 subwoofer

brianoakey

Standard Member
I have a Wharfdale SW 150 subwoofer linked to a Pioneer VSX 1021. When I do
a speaker test the subwoofer passes the sound test though after a pause of a
second or two. But there is no sound coming through my subwoofer during any
programmes even HD movies. All programmes are sadly lacking in base despite
adjusting the subwoofer speaker level on both the AV receiver and the
sub-woofer itself. Anyone got any ideas?

brianoakey

Standard Member
Thanks for that. Yes subwoofer speaker is enabled in the AV Receiver speaker settings and I have disabled auto off on the subwoofer. I get subwoofer sound now only if I set subwoofer speaker level to about +10dB on the Receiver and almost max volume on the subwoofer. I thought the room should be shaking at this level. Would it help if I split the subwoofer output into both left and right channels on the subwoofer input?

eaglemmoomin

Novice Member
Thanks for that. Yes subwoofer speaker is enabled in the AV Receiver speaker settings and I have disabled auto off on the subwoofer. I get subwoofer sound now only if I set subwoofer speaker level to about +10dB on the Receiver and almost max volume on the subwoofer. I thought the room should be shaking at this level. Would it help if I split the subwoofer output into both left and right channels on the subwoofer input?
I suspect you either have a filter enabled on the sub itself or have the cross over set in a silly position or both. Check that the cross over knob is right the way up so your receiver is controlling what goes to the sub and that you don't have a high pass filter enabled on the sub (not all subs have these, check your manual).

Sub channels are mono so no it won't make a difference.

Top Bottom