no sound from VCR1 on STRDB1070

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Sienna, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Sienna

Sienna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,
    I have the following connections on my STRDB1070 but when I play a video and select VCR1 on my receiver no sound comes out!!

DVD to Receiver via optical cable
    DVD to TV via Scart to TV AV1 Scart - RGB (all working fine)

But...

Video Scart 1 to Receiver Video 1 audio plugs only
    Video Scart 2 to TV Scart AV2 (no sound through the receiver)

I know everyone gets tired of connecticvity questions so I appologise in advance but any pearls of wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks all

Sienna
    XX
    :kisses:

2. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly check that Scart 1 on your VCR is not 'Input only'. Most are and this will mean it is not outputting anything. If it is output, make sure you have the correct scart-rca lead as some are scart-rca and some rca-scart if you see what I mean.

Are there no phono outs on your VCR that you can connect to the reciever? Other than that, how about phono outs on your TV. They should output anything that's on the screen so when you are watching a video you'll get the sound from that.

S

3. Sienna

Sienna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I will check all that tonight...
    The video does have phone out but like the TV they are irritatingly positioned on the front panel rather than the back!!
    Thanks for the advice
    Sienna
    :D

4. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    May i suggest you double check this, as without exeption the front mounted sockets are inputs,the outputs should be located on the rear panel. :)

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If your VCR has two scarts one will be the normal input/output scart for connection to a TV whilst the second will be passthrough only for connection from a Digibox or similiar.

It sounds as if you have the connections the wrong way round.

6. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It sounds like Sienna has not phon outs on th the VCR or TV so the only output is from Scart 2. One solution to this is to use a Scart breakout cable such as the ones sold by www.maplin.co.uk product code LF52G. Its a male scart to female scart but the female also has female RCA connectors for video and stereo audio. This allows you to leave the scart connection to your TV intact and also 'plumb in' to it to get the audio signal out without interrupting the audio going to your TV.

May be a solution.

Steve

7. Sienna

Sienna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone for your help, didn't get a chance to play last night so will give all your advice a go tonight.
    Thanks again
    Sienna
    ;)