1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound from VCR Scart

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by ndenbow, Oct 28, 2003.

1. ndenbow

ndenbow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi,

Just had Sky+ installed.

With my old Sky receiver I used to connect a wireless video sender to the VCR scart with no problems.

I have since reconnected the same scart lead to the VCR scart in my new Pace Sky+ receiver, and now I get no sound coming through upstairs. Picture is fine. If I change and connect via the Pace TV scart it works fine.

I have tried changing the sound settings from DD to Normal, tried pulling out my Optical cable.

Any suggestions?

Nick.

2. davej

davej
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very similar to a problem I just had.

As I didn't look in the manual and so thought the top scart would be the TV one then I connected the sky+ vcr scart to my TV and the sky+ tv scart to the vcr. The result was that after every power on of the sky+ there was no audio at the TV (though strangely it could be returned by telling the box to copy a recording, then aborting the copy just after it started).

Swapping the two cables over sorted the problem, ie vcr scart to vcr, tv scart to tv. Or alternatively swapping the tv scart for a scart to 3phono (at the tv end) also did the trick.

I'm guessing its a scart signal problem, something either coming from or missing from the video sender in your case, tv in my case.

Can you live with swapping the cables over, ie feed the video sender with the tv scart output? Failing that, it may just be a signal in the scart cable that needs to be removed by snipping the relevant wire/removing the pin.

3. ndenbow

ndenbow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks for that. Presumably I don't lose any functionality by swappinghtem over, RGB etc?

4. davej

davej
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only difference I saw when I was looking through the manual to try to work this one out is that the TV scart is output only while the VCR is in/out. Otherwise all the same in terms of rgb and anything else there may be.

5. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I get this too. No sound from the VCR scart. If I record something from that scart there is no audio. I gave up in the end and hooked up the VCR with RF. Never use it anyway now I have Sky+, it's just there in case anyone brings over one of them old video cassette things.

6. ndenbow

ndenbow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Strange, but I tried switching off the power to my Sky+ receiver, and then switching back on (with all leads connected). This seemed to reset the scart outputs and it worked. Maybe it deosn't like being connected with the power on?

I will monitor it and see if anything makes it stop working again.