1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound from sub with Yamaha DSP-AX640

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by judgefudge, Jun 27, 2005.

Tags:
  1. judgefudge

judgefudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - just set up my Yam DSPax640se in HT for the first time but can't get anything from my sub...the sub takes left/right phono as its input so Ive ran a single cable from the sub-output on the Yam and attached a cable splitter to enable connection to the sub. Ive set the Yam sub/LFE to 'Both' as per instruction manual - all other speakers are ok on 5/6 channel but nothing from the sub...any ideas ??

2. Yousanem

Yousanem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try the Yamaha website at www.yamaha.co.uk . They have on-line customer support and they generally get back to you the same day with advice or solutions. They also provide a phone number you can call.

3. Mandel

Mandel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have the bass-redirection set to 'both', that should be ok. Do you have your speakers set to 'small' as well? Check that the sub works when playing dolby/DTS material with an LFE track, that should help narrow down the possible issues.

4. rockhopper

rockhopper
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you not just use a single subwoofer lead from the sub-out on the Yam 640 to the 'left' phono input of the sub? Thats what I do with mine, and the same method is generally used around here. Which sub are you using?