1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound from SCART or audio out on DVD?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by adlerberth, Jul 6, 2001.

1. adlerberth

adlerberth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've purchased a SONY DVP-CX860 and have had it modified, but when I connect it directly to my TV via SCART the sound is totally distorted. I tried connecting the audio out from the DVD to my amp but it was the same problem. But when I connect the digital optical out to my amp the sound is perfect. The picture is fine all the time.

What could the problem be? Could they have made some misstake while modifying it? Do I have to return it and let them redo it?

2. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    &%$£ knows, have you gone through the menu system on the player, I got an 850 (modified by link online) I have never had any problem like that, but have a quick look.

Regards

Dave

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Sounds like a fault in the player, not sure if it's cause by the modification though.
    Bring it back and get it checked out ...

4. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    You may have a problem with the scart audio but seeing as you have perfect digital output to the amp which I assume is DD 5.1 then I don't see why you should bother getting it fixed. More hassle than its worth I'd say.

5. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Interesting point of view!? :rolleyes:

Personally I would kick the dealers backside if I spend a few hundred quid on some brandnew item and it doesn't work properly ...

6. adlerberth

adlerberth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have gone through the menu system but haven't found anything that helped. I could do with just the digital sound, however one of the reasons for having it modified was to be able to record from DVD to VCR.

Now I've broght the player back to the dealer who modified it and they should have a look. They said it probably was some analogue problem which might have been there before it was modified... The real problem now seems to be the question of guarantee since I bought the player elsewhere and then directly had it modified with this dealer. The original gurantee therefor doesn't apply, but I surely hope the mofifying dealer's gurantee does, even if the problem was there before they received the player...