No sound from optical on panny cx680.

colinb07958

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have a nad d3020 which I have hooked up to my ps4 via optical. The sky box is connected to it via phono leads.

I realised that if I use the built in tv Netflix I don't get sound as there is nothing connecting the tv to the nad. I tried to use the optical from the TVs to the nad but can't get sound. Any ideas?

Cheers
Colin

Is there a red glow from the free end of the optical lead connected to the TV's optical out?
There's a PCM audio level control within the TV's audio menu.

Hi mate. Yes I got it out of tv now by connect optical to nad d3020 so whatever on tv works but not getting sound on Netflix that is built in the tv. Any ideas?

I had the same problem. The solution was that the NAD does not work on Netflix when the 5.1 setting is on. If you select the audio you will see the 5.1 option, select the other option and you should get the sound. You might have to do this with each program you are watching. I was watching a series and when each new episode came on I had to change the setting to get out of 5.1 audio setting then the sound worked.

I had the same problem with the HD channels and had to change the audio settings on the TV. If I remember correctly the NAD does not like the Dolby setting.

I am running optical cables out of my virgin tivo box to my NAD d3020.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom