NO sound from height speakers in Dolby Atmos mode.

ancucdi

Novice Member
Reaction score
HI, guy, i ve just completed my 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos setup, my system are:
Samsung k8500 UHD DVD player
Marantz SR7010 receiver
5.1 surround speakers
2 celiling speakers on HEIGHT 1
Amp assign from receiver is : 9.1 which support Dolby Atmos
When i play movie, it showed DOlby Atmos on little screen of the receiver, i also see Heigh speaker icon in there, but when i stand up next to the celling speaker i dont hear sound from there???i then unplug all wires from all 5.1 speakers out but leave the ceiling speakers, and still cant hear nothing from them?
Is that something wrong from the player? i guess no cause it sent out Dolby Atmos signal to receiver as i seen there
is must not be the amp (power) to the ceiling speakers cause i did test sound them
Receiver amp assign?
or else??? Guys plz help, thanks ahead for all inputs!!

Have you run the Auto Setup/EQ?

You can also check if they're wired correctly by going into the main setup menu to Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tone Start to check if the Heights actually output any sound.

HI, thanks Jase for ur advice, i did what you told me and also i rent a movie from RedBOx ( DOlby Atmos) and test it, it worked perfect now ( i love it) , but guess what, i put that movie , the one was played before i fix the issue ( San Andrea) that i bought from ebay in, and sound not come from height speakers, so the quality of the content does matter.

No problem. :smashin:

San Andreas has a Dolby Atmos track so should work ok. Some Atmos movies are more subtle than others with the height effects though.

San Andreas Blu-ray Review

Might be worth checking a few different scenes to see if you hear anything.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom