No sound from DVD player

johnr2110

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Re-connected my mother's DVD to the TV using scart. Picture but no sound. Broadcast TV as sound & vision. Any ideas?

Re-connected my mother's DVD to the TV using scart. Picture but no sound. Broadcast TV as sound & vision. Any ideas?
Make sure it's fully seated.
Try wiggling the scart connector (I had one where this was necessary now and again).
You are in 'hit the side of the TV' territory here... :)

Scart now thats a blast from the past, haven't used it since 2008,, doesn't the dvd player have HDMI.

All the vision pins are at one end of a scart plug and all the sound pins at the other.

The most common reason for Vision and no sound or vice versa is one of the plugs not being fully seated - as doug56hl has advised.

I'm informed that all cables are secure
Try another scart cable or reverse the existing cable.
It may be the pins are not making good contact, either cable or TV/DVD scart connection faulty.
Try another scart connection on TV if one available.

Has she swapped the cable at all. Some scart leads had the audio wires removed to improve the visual quality. The assumption was that the sound would be then connected via an optical cable instead. Obviously if the latter is missing then no sound in this case.

Has she swapped the cable at all. Some scart leads had the audio wires removed to improve the visual quality. The assumption was that the sound would be then connected via an optical cable instead. Obviously if the latter is missing then no sound in this case.
Thank-you f0r that information. I'ii pass it on.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom