No sound from Amp (through Fiber Optic cable) when streeming from PC

gkardi

Standard Member
Hi guys!

I am new with the forum and already tried a post but somehow got lost.

Anyway, I have an XBOX360 hardwire connected to my PC through a router and I try streeming music and videos from my HDD. The XBOX360 is connected via a Fiber Optic cable to my Amp (only for audio) and directly to my TV with the component cable + the two audio cables.

When I play video or music from my PC HDD then for some reason I can only get sound from my TV, while the Amp gives nothing. Actually in all games and DVD movies played directly form the XBOX 360 drive the Amp AUTO-DECODES the 5.1 DOLBY signal and produces nice surround sound and a corresponding Blue Led indicator is on. When streeming the Amp does not even recognize the audio signal from the Fiber Optic (This blue led is off).

Actually I once evidenced the same problem when playing a short video I downloaded through XBOX LIVE. Through the analog connection to the TV sounds is OK, while through the Amp there is no output.:eek: With other downloaded files it worked fine.

I tried already replacing the cable, but nothing changes.

I would appreciate if anybode can help!:suicide:

aniki

Novice Member
Hi,

The only thing I can suggest is trying without the analogue leads plugged into the TV. Although TBH I cant see why this would affect things.
I use HDMI from an elite to TV for picture and optical from elite dongle to my amp and get audio from everything streamed. Even 5.1......

Moogle

Novice Member
I use HDMI from an elite to TV for picture and optical from elite dongle to my amp and get audio from everything streamed. Even 5.1......
Exactly the same here and it works just fine. I don't see any reason why the amp would work with sound from games and DVD's but not streamed content.

dwhite

Sounds like his amp is set to only decode Dolby Digital and ignore PCM (which is what his music will be decoded as). He needs to check his decoding mode on the amp.

However as HumaxPvr dragged this thead up from 15 months ago, I would hope the OP sorted it out by now!!