1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound from AEGIS SUB

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by hillg3, Nov 8, 2001.

1. hillg3

hillg3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can any body help me with setting up the AGEIS sub.I am at the point of thinking that the equipment is faulty and may return the sub (which will cost cash via mail order).

I have tried wiring the sub with a left and right phono connection
    to the sub input via a splitter into the back of the single output for the sub.

I have also set up the amp(SONY STR DB-925) for small speakers ,sub-yes(obviously) and set the sub cross-over to max.

Any help greatly appreciated

frustrated BIG G.

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,123
    Hi G,

All I can suggest is the obvious - have you got power to the sub (does the light come on?Is it in 'on' and not off or auto?), volume set at least half way, and the crossover set to accept all frequencies? Have you connected the amps sub output to the line in phono sockets?

Make sure you are using a digital input to the amp such as a dvd optical or phono lead, so that when you play a dd or dts source, the amp shows that it's getting one.

Play Toy Story 2 opening sequence or The Lobby Scene onwards from the Matrix. TS2 is preferable because you get oodles of bass when the TS2 logo appears.

If you're still not getting an output, try fiddling with the knobs to see if you get something.

You could try the stereo out leads from the dvd player directly into the sub to see if that gets results.

That's all I can think of so far.

HTH

Gary.

3. hillg3

hillg3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gary

Tried out your good suggestions but still no luck.I' ve been trying the sub with the power switch in the 'on' position each try.

I also connected up the sub to the stereo output connections like you suggested and even tried the sub phono connection on the 5.1 output on the DVD player,but still nothing.

I'm going to try the sub with a friends system to see if it is a amp/setup problem.

Graham.........