1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no Sony KV32FX68 at House of Fraser...where now?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by monsieurblack, Oct 13, 2003.

1. monsieurblack

monsieurblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    hiya

thought i'd finally made up my mind of which tv to get...the sony KV32FX68...having found a good price at techtronics and hoping to price match at house of fraser.

but...unfortunately i've just rang hof to find that they don't stock the item [only its lil brother...the 28"] they could order one in but then wouldn't honour their price match policy :(

i don't suppose anyone knows of somewhere else i could try do they? i'd just go ahead and order it from hof if it was only a little dearer...but at around £300 more :eek: i'd prefer to find an alternative...

i suppose i could go with techtronics...can anyone recommend their service? as their prices are among the best...extremely competitive and offer 0% interest too...

thanks for all your ongoing help all...

[oh...and if theres somewhere in/near the leicester area...then that'd be fab! :smashin: :D ;)]

cheers
    monsieurblack

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    What price were Techtronics offering ?

3. onzey

onzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    monsieurblack

If you have a John Lewis see if they will price match ElectroCentre (who have a real store as well as online)

Flick through pages here

http://www.digital-point.co.uk/television.asp

for KV32FX68 with price options depending on choice of stand/no stand.

Ring Electrocentre first to double check it's in stock.

4. monsieurblack

monsieurblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    hiya lynx :)

techtronics have it for £724.39 [inc vat] from what i can remember thats the best i have seen it for.

howdy onzey :cool:

i don't have a john lewis near by unfortunately...suppose i could always travel a little :) i'll give them a call tomorrow to see if they stock it.

apologies but you'll have to excuse my ignorance, but who/what/where are electrocentre? haven't heard of these before :eek:

as for the digital point link, thanks. i did check those out a couple of days back and got a little over excited when i saw the price :eek: but then realised i had to buy a stand in top of that. result...pushed it over the price techtronics are offering it for...

lets hope JL have the fx68 as a 'stock item' eh...? :)
    keep posting ;)
    thank you!
    monsieurblack

5. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
  6. monsieurblack

monsieurblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    :cool: cool

thanks lynx. :clap: unfortunately thats without a stand...but fortunately the link they have is for one with and thats 715 :D

top banana

thanks matey. but do they have a store anywhere though? if so that'd be superb as i called john lewis today and they said that they do stock it :) unlike hof...and they said they'd price match too. :smashin:

thanks matey

sweet
    monsieurblack

7. RichieS

RichieS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DO you guys now if the picture is as good as the FX60

Does it use the same tube and have they mucked about with more processing?

8. onzey

onzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi monsieurblack

If you look at the bottom of the digital-point link pages you will see it says in small letters: Trading as Electro Centre, they are one and the same I believe but their shop is in Soho Road, Birmingham (click on "Contact us" on their pages ), which, as it happens, is also the same road where total digital are ( see the bottom of the page lynx directed you to). So I expect total digital have a shop too.

Hope you get a pricematch and JL should give you 5 year warranty too. Good luck.

9. monsieurblack

monsieurblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    thanks onzey :smashin:

well that cleared that one up then didn't it :D cheers. yeah me thinks i'll most likely go ahead with the purchase now :eek: [scary! lol]

before i do part with my hard earned readies...and pass the point of no return [or something like that anyway! he he] could someone please let me know that what i'm about to do sounds ok please?

so...after having a very brief viewing of the Sony KV32FX68 in the sony centre today. brief as in...literally a seond or two! :blush: so didn't get to check it properly, but liked what i did see and the set is at the price i'm prepared to pay and i'm happy enough with that.
    ring up jl and order it, over the phone [as i don't have a jl near me...do i need to be their to sign anything?], price match, attempt to get the warranty too [if i'm unsuccessful do you know what their 'standard' warranty is? i presume a year...] and arrange delivery.

as the set doesn't include a digital tuner and i haven't got sky/cable or any other elaborate device [and don't plan too] am i ok to buy an external freeview box? [when i can afford it...like the sony one...vtx-d800u...???] are they 'ok' ie have no major probs etc...?

once the set arrives i will be keeping my existing dvd player [pioneer 636d] and unfortunately my videologic speakers too :( they have no decoder box [dvd player has one], therefore no remote...and i currently have them connected directly to the back of my dvd player, no amp and to be honest am pretty happy so far. i understand that the sound set up isn't ideal but it is operational and didn't cost the earth. i would really like some sexy speakers to go with my new sexy tv ;) and have seen the sony sa-vs500h ones [pointed out by hornydragon...thanks matey] and kinda fell in love, lol. is there anyway to hook these up to what will be my new setup, without an amp like i'm doing at the mo? if not...then why not? sorry to ask but i really don't have a clue and if my videologic ones work then surely the sexy sony ones at around 350 :eek: should be up to it, no?

i was gonna ask if you'd be able to recommend me an amp [if i absolutely had to have one...] but i'm struggling on the money front...so in the worst case could someone suggest some alternative speakers that look cool and have stands like the vs500h [i like it how the speaker is the stand as it were rather than a lil speaker balancing on top of a pole...] not sure if that would mean getting an all-in-one set or not? or whether i wouldn't get close on quality to my existing pioneer 636d [which i'm happy enough to keep if i can get away with it...]

again, apologies for running on...just nervous about parting with my money and want to try and get a few things straight in my head first.

to re-cap...my 'ideal' set up would be to have the Sony KV32FX68 tv, with the SA-VS500H speakers and then keep my dvd player [to save some cash :D] so if any bright spark knows how to get that lot to work then i'd be very, Very, VERY grateful!

thank you all so, SO much for everything so far!
    eternally grateful
    monsieurblack