• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

No signal with new Bush 22" Full HD Digital LED-LCD TV

alsjack

Standard Member
Hello all,

I have a Bush tv/dvd combo, about 5 years old, that I used with an indoor aerial. Cometh the great switchover I bought a cheap set top box and much to my surprise it worked just fine!

I've now decided to move that tv, or rather my wife has, and have bought a new Bush 22" Full HD Digital LED-LCD TV, built in Freeview, which I also planned to use with an indoor aerial. I sited the tv in the same place as the previous tv but cannot receive any signal at all. I've tried attaching the same set top box that I know works but still keep getting the same no signal message.

Does this mean the new tv just has a rubbish digital receiver or am I maybe doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

alsjack

mike7

Distinguished Member
Digital televisions are very variable when it comes to sensitivity in dealing with a signal, particularly from an indoor aerial. I suppose you could try using an aerial amplifier,but I would be surprised if that made much difference. You may get one block (mux) of channels and not another. Somebody may recommend a TV which might give more reliable performance under these circumstances but bear in mind that all home situations are different so nothing is guaranteed. I'm afraid your best bet is to consider an outside aerial. Alternatively you could plug in a more reliable set-top box.

Bush is a 'label' on sets produced for Argos or similar retailers, rather than a product of any particular manufacturer so you may find another Bush model might perform very differently.

Last edited:

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
LCD TVs have lots more electronics and (usually) fluorescent tubes to illuminate the LCD screen than 'old-fashioned' CRT sets.

The Bush TV is probably putting out RF interference that the aerial receives and prevents reception. (Evidenced by the failure of the previously functioning set top box to tune either).

You may be able to relocate the aerial further from the new TV via an extension, but you really need a loft or external aerial to solve this (using good quality downlead - 'satellite grade' WF100 or similar).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom