1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No signal out of DVI on iscan

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Murray, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Murray

Murray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Im trying out the iscan HD scaler. Im conecting my Pioneer S969AVi through HDMI convertor to the DVI in on the iscan then DVI out to my Panasonic 700 projector on HDMI (convertor to HDMI, as the cable run is DVI)

I can get the whole setup working through component into the iscan and out in DVI to the projector but I cant get a signal out of the iscan if I feed the signal in in HDMI/DVI ???

Everything works fine on the iscan with SKY in through s-vid and out in DVI/HDMI to the projector.

Player component in to iscan out in HDMI/DVI ok.

Cant get the signal out of the iscan in DVI when I feed into it in DVI???

What am I doing wrong??/ :lease:

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Don't think the Iscan can have through put of HDMI (HDCP protected) signal from source yet.

Believe that the Iscan HD+ will allow this when it arrives though.

3. gam

gam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +533
    it will pass hdcp protected signals through the dvi port just wont scale them (thats what the hd+ can do)

set dvi as passthrough on the iscan and manually switch to dvi just before switching the dvd player out of standby (rather than iscan auto selecting it)..... i played with a pioneer hdmi player on mine a while ago and it was buggy to see it at first although there i think there was a softwre update to fix it so you could check your software version on the iscan and possibly update to the latest version from the dvdo website