No signal on PC

dugit

Standard Member
Reaction score
My wifes PC would not come on today for her, it is a Medion E2207D with Windows 7,all that happens it shows "No signal" on the monitor, the fan seems to be working OK, I have tried removing and reinserting the connections between the PC tower and the monitor with no luck. Any suggestions on what to do next would be welcomed ?

1. try different monitor lead.

Have changed lead to monitor no luck, but when I connected an old monitor it seems so far to work OK. I don't know whether one can fault find on a faulty monitor?

Reseat the memory if the same try each individual stick one at a time..also reseat the gfx card...

Reseat the memory if the same try each individual stick one at a time..also reseat the gfx card...

Why? If the PC works on one monitor but not another than it's very likely the problem is either the monitor is a configuration problem rather than anything wrong with the PC hardware.

Have changed lead to monitor no luck, but when I connected an old monitor it seems so far to work OK. I don't know whether one can fault find on a faulty monitor?

It has been done if you're the DIY sort but it's not something that's widely tried, I've never done it myself. If you do want a bash at it then I'd open the monitor case and inspect the circuit board(s) for any obvious signs of damage or faulty components (burst capacitors etc.)

Does the monitor have more than the 1 input, ie DVI & VGA?
If so has the input selection changed? Does it work if you swap inputs?

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom