• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

no signal on freeview but analogue works fine

worm21

Standard Member
hi guys maybe somebody here can help me with my problems...
i moved into this new flat a couple of days ago and cannot seem to get freeview here...
i have two aerial sockets in my room, the one saying tv and fm (f-plugs) and the other one only fm (coax).
i figured i need a f cable to coax adaptor and screw it on the tv socket in the wall.
got it today but my freeview box didnt find any channels! :mad: i checked analogue and it works fine, all 5 channels and good picture.
i live in london (white city/shepherds bush) literally across the road from the BBC headquarters and i also checked my postcode.

anybody got some ideas about what to do next? i also tried it with my laptop and its tuner card but still nothing... :confused:

cheers worm21

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
You'll be watching the White City Self-Help relay transmitter (Tx aerials on the original White City building) and serves houses across the Westway that are shadowed by the building.

This has all 5 services in analogue but no digital until London switchover in 2012 (assuming the BBC convert it).

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom